Saturday 15 August 2009

Turquoise Glynis


Pattern: Glynis by Cookie A, from her wonderful book Sock Innovation
Needles: 2.50 mm
Yarn: Opal Uni - Shade 29, Turquoise

Phew! What a relief to finish these socks. They weren't difficult to knit, more tedious, and I found the sssk's and k3tog's in the pattern extremely laborious indeed. I was positively rejoicing when there was a plain knit round in between the pattern rounds! Having said that they have knitting up beautifully and I'm really pleased with the result, although I won't be rushing to do them again. They have made quite a thick, heavy, lace sock, nice for snuggling into in winter. Turquoise is my mum's favourite colour, so I've packed them away to give to her for Christmas. It seems such a long way off, but when you've got a long list of knitting to do for presents, you need to start early!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They may have been a labour of love but they are gorgeous! they look really cosy and your mum will love them - she doesn't read your blog I hope?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it's all about knitting, no she doesn't! If my blog was about my mundane life in general she'd be glued to it! ;)

    ReplyDelete