Monday 1 July 2013

A Flowery Update

Nothing wildly exciting has been happening in my crafty little world recently, which is why my blog hasn't been updated as much recently.  I haven't picked up the needles or crochet hook for months, so sadly my current projects remain dormant.  My main focus continues to be Twisted Limone and the weekly Saturday updates.  Dyeing, winding and packaging takes up much of my time during the week.  There continues to be a little splurge of new colourways.  I tend to be crazy with ideas during the summer months!
Tangy SelfStriping Sock Yarn in Safari by TwistedLimoneDesigns - New 22.06.13
SAFARI
Tangy SelfStriping Sock Yarn in Sherbet Dip by TwistedLimoneDesigns - New 29.06.13
SHERBET DIP
Not to be confused with Sweet as Candy - there is a subtle difference,
a peach stripe replaces the white one.
Tangy SelfStriping Sock Yarn in A Touch of Lime by TwistedLimoneDesigns - New 15.06.13
A TOUCH OF LIME
Tangy SelfStriping Sock Yarn in Mardi Gras by TwistedLimoneDesigns - New 15.06.13
MARDI GRAS
Tangy SelfStriping Sock Yarn in Key Lime Pie by TwistedLimoneDesigns - new 01.06.13
KEY LIME PIE

The inspiration behind my colours comes largely from nature, food or anything in the environment which inspires me - this could be anything from a piece of fabric or a picture in a magazine.  Mostly, though, my ideas come from flowers and when anything catches my eye I snap away for future reference!








One day I will treat myself to a macro lens, but for now I'm reasonably happy with the effect I'm getting from a bog standard lens :)

I'm continuing to work on the re-launch of Silver Moonflowers, my Etsy earring shop.  I'm hoping to have lots of lovely new earring designs in the next month or two.  Next to knitting and crocheting, making jewellery is something I adore and is another outlet for expressing my love of colour!  More about this in a future blog, along with a sneaky peak at some designs.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment